The Urban Peace program reduces and prevents community violence, making neighborhoods safer so that children can learn, families can thrive and communities can prosper. Download a fact sheet here.
How We Do It
- Our Comprehensive Violence Reduction Strategy (CVRS) applies a public health approach to understand the underlying reasons for violence and create innovative, holistic ways to change the conditions that lead to them.
- The Community Safety Partnership (CSP) is a unique collaboration convened by Advancement Project between community members, LAPD, and the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles which has increased safety and built trust in the South Los Angeles neighborhood of Watts.
- Connie Rice, Founding Co-Director of Advancement Project, brings her expertise to the Presidential Task Force for 21st Century Policing amid tensions between law enforcement and communities of color.
- Urban Peace has provided technical assistance to over 20 communities throughout California and across the country to support safety efforts through placed-based initiatives.
- Our Urban Peace Academy provides a rigorous training program for frontline community intervention workers and law enforcement that sets professional standards for this dangerous work.
- We advance smart justice policies and practices focused on preventing entry into the juvenile and criminal justice systems, as well as improving outcomes in community reentry for system-involved youth and adults.
For more information about Urban Peace's programs and technical assistance capabilities, please contact Fernando Rejon, Deputy Director of Urban Peace, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 406-9122.